+562 2334 5189 info@paltahass.cl

Home

Palta Hass Chile | Comité de Paltas de Chile
Palta Hass Chile | Comité de Paltas de Chile
Palta Hass Chile | Comité de Paltas de Chile
Palta Hass Chile | Comité de Paltas de Chile
previous arrow
next arrow
Slider

ABOUT US

The Hass Avocado Committee is an independent association representing Chilean farmers and exporters, and aims to promote, support and defend the interests of this entity.

This, on the other hand, has as its mission to promote the consumption of Palta Hass in Chile and the world, as well as to supervise the quality of the fruit that is exported, ensuring that it is the best.

See More

Palta Hass Chile | Comité de Paltas de Chile

The Chilean Avocado in the World

The first Hass avocado trees were planted in Chile in 1949 on fertile land located at the foot of the Andes mountain range. Since then, these plantations have expanded rapidly, transforming Chile into one of the largest producers and exporters of this variety of avocado in the world. Your irrigation system; coming from the melting of the mountain, its collection and respective packaging processes, have allowed to obtain a high quality fruit, whose properties and exquisite flavor has already conquered the culinary culture of all the cuisines of the world.


The quality of avocados in Chile

Its taste and texture are judged according to the amount of oil they contain, determined by the percentage of dry matter that remains after a particular test process to which the fruit is subjected. A higher percentage of dry matter corresponds to a higher percentage of oil, which means more flavor.


Chile handles a self-imposed level of maturation, of 23% dry matter, being the highest in the Americas and allows us to deliver a magnificent quality avocado to the world.

About Hass Avocado

Palta Hass Chile | Comité de Paltas de Chile

History

News

Palta Hass Chile | Comité de Paltas de Chile

Environment

Palta Hass Chile | Comité de Paltas de Chile

Recipes

Palta Hass Chile | Comité de Paltas de Chile

Health

Production and export Hass Avocado in Chile

Within the agroindustrial sector of Chile, the production and export of Palta Hass have become increasingly relevant, maintaining high standards of quality, technological sophistication, innovation and hygiene and food safety.

Icon03

In the 2017-2018 season, Chile produced about 225,000

tons of Hass Avocado. About 30% was consumed in Chile, which shows that we are big consumers of Palta; and the remaining 70% was exported, mainly to Europe, the United States, China and Argentina, among other countries.

Chile, a little more than 212,000 Hectares

they are planted with fruit crops, generating an important source of employment, both in permanent and temporary jobs. Of these, approximately 29,000 hectares are Paltos.

Avocado Hass and its Cultivation

The most productive regions are those located in the central valley of the country. For more than a decade, avocados have been the number two species in the field of cultivation. 90% of these are from Palta Hass and around 70% are planted on hillsides.